Sunday, March 27, 2011

Painting, Bread and Butler

What a weekend. Mom and Dad Doudt paid us a visit and helped us paint our ceilings, and by "help" I mean they did most of the work. They are amazing. We also made time to learn the secret family recipe for homemade wheat bread. And on top of all that, we watched the Butler Bulldogs pull off the upset and beat the Florida Gators to go to the Final Four!! (Sorry Ben and Gabby) 

So our ceilings needed repainting after we made some lighting changes (we changed light fixtures and added recessed lighting) and my parents offered to help us. You should all know that my parents are professional-grade painters. My Dad is the super-roller and Mom is the expert at trim and cutting in around corners. With all the furniture we needed to move and the tall ceilings (meaning ladder moving) it took a while to complete...I can't imagine how long it would have taken just Sara and I to complete the project. After all was done, the ceilings look great.  So fresh and clean looking.  We owe you a big thanks, Mom and Dad! And to try and thank them a little we took them out to Bandera's for dinner. It was fantastic food and fun while looking out over Michigan Ave.

Another item on the weekend agenda was to learn how to make the Doudt family homemade wheat bread. While we waited for the paint to dry Sara and I made our first batch (four loaves) of bread with Mom and Dad supervising and directing. And the results? Fantastic!  (Sorry, no pictures though) I'm sure this will be the gift that keeps on giving.

After Dad and I beat Mom and Sara three games to zero in Euchre, they headed back home (just had to get that score in here).

Thanks again, Mom and Dad, for all your help and teaching us how to bake bread! We had a great time!



2 comments:

Francisco said...

Sara's loss will be preserved on the internet for all to see. I cannot imagine she is happy about that.

Gabrielle Rivera said...

BOO Butler.